What are the training outcomes?
• Identify people thinking of suicide overcome barriers to talk about suicide
• Identify reasons we may miss, dismiss or avoid suicide
• Apply the 4 step model of suicide alertness (Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep-safe)
• Connect people at risk with further help training will be delivered with further help
Additionally, each participant will receive a certificate, a wallet-sized reference card plus a resource pack with information about sources of support for people having suicidal thoughts.
What are the teaching methods?
• Presentations and guidance from a Livingworks registered trainer
• Access to support from a local community resource person
• Powerful audio visual learning aids
• The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
• Hands-on skills practice and development
Who can attend this course?
Everyone! safeTALK is suitable for all community members and professionals. Limited number of funded places are available for public sector workforce across North East London. Those already working in Mental Health environment should not attend this, as this is a basic awareness course
When are the sessions? And how can I register?